Over the last two weeks we have had a gardener trim the bushes and trees in both the front and back gardens. The rain certainly spoilt play and hence a two day job ended up taking the better part of 6 days but generated a job lot of clippings. Simon tested out the use of Kirklees recycling center with the new trailer – no problems via the Dewsbury center although we have now used one of our twelve allowed uses of the facilities with a trailer.
This morning Greg came around with his trailer and we took 10 more bags (on top of the two taken to Kirklees) down to the Wakefield recycling center.
However, last night one of the neighbours stopped Simon outside the back gates and stated that if we left the bags of cuttings by his gates (just outside our own) he would arrange for his team to remove th m and burn them for us 🙂 Winner. So we placed a further 10 bags out there at lunchtime and per the conversation they were gone by tea time 🙂
So, Simon is now going to see if he can cancel the skip that he hired on Friday for delivery this coming Friday as we have approximately 6 bags of clippings left to get rid of and we know that we can do this via the recycle centres and the trailer – we just need some more bags 🙂
Finally this afternoon we head out for a dog walk and met up with Lee, Caroline and Jessica at the Sun Inn in Flockton – the sun was beating down on us so a few cheeky scoops later and we have sun burn and might have a headache in the morning :-/
Elliot has gone out rollerskating with Grandma and Grandad while Olly, mummy and daddy are toasting marshmallows over the fire…..
He has a huge bag full of gear to get muddy, wet and generally have a whole heap of fun. The kids were all excited yet nervous and Olly was no exception to this – he asked to sleep in mummy and daddy’s bed last night because he would miss us all on Monday night…
They are heading to a place in Sheffield so it is not so far, but a night away for the first time is a BIG deal for any child.
They are going to be coming back with loads of funny stories and will give themselves plenty to speak about for the next few months…
Have fun Olly XX
So the week has passed by super quick. 🙁 Back to school and work for all of us tomorrow.
We have got a few things done but still feel a little blue overall.
These are the success stories;
- Bedroom furniture has been ordered and the deposit paid – six to eight weeks and we should be a GO
- Helped Clare and Warren move into their new pad on Tuesday – not sure if we were help or hindrance but we helped nonetheless 🙂
- Trailer ordered and collected (yesterday) from a company in Kettering so we nipped in to see Kerrie on the way back – their house is coming along very nicely and will be simply awesome when it is complete.
- Tractor mower and smaller petrol mower ordered and paid for – delivery in roughly ten days to two weeks 🙂
- Chesterfield seat cushions taken to a guy in Tingley to make some ne cushions in a very nice tartan material plus some scatter cushions – great deal and will look to have them make us a bed and chaise longue for the bedroom – will be really nice looking at the other gear that guy has built – and V he an have all the sparkly bits 🙂
- Oliver out for day with Joe and Karis and Riley (Friday, Tuesday and Monday respectively
- Tonight Greg helped Simon figure out the shower leak – Simon had already opened up the small access hole from inside Elliot’s bedroom – the trick was switching the shower on and watching for a leak – it came rather quickly from the Grohe unit itself so once we figured that and got the unit out, deconstruction showed water staining where we believe the leak to be – Greg has taken a part away for a rubber a ring to hopefully fix it – failing this we will look for a replacement unit – at least we now KNOW that the problem is NOT the pipes underneath the shower itself as they would definitely be a BUGGER to put right…
- We have bought a fab fire pit to enable us to sit around in the summertime and roast marshmallows etc
- We have researched garden furniture and Costco seem to offer the best option – we just need to figure out if we think we need to spend almost £2k on four seats and a small table with burner built in (the seats at reclining spinning beasts so not overly expensive for the size etc
- Sorted the office – we now have a sorted office setup
- Sorted the home wifi – with Lee’s help we have bought new wireless access points and router that now give wifi all around the house- BIG thumbs up
So, I guess we have got through loads of things – it just feels like we have wasted a lot of time along the way…
Happy holidays 😀
We hope you all have a truly LOVEly day ❤️
Yesterday, Simon and Ed nipped out on the bikes in driving snow on the far North Yorkshir hills. We drove in Penny all the way past Richmond to a little town called Reeth where we left the car and head out. It was a nice road climb to the hills where the snow appeared and gradually got deeper and deeper to the point where we had almost 6 inches of snow to contend with and no easily recognisable paths across the fields 🙂
Ultimately we were faced with whiteout conditions where you could not see more than 20 feet in any direction and Simon actually found it was getting harder to see the route that Ed had taken ahead of him – the driving snow felt like grit being thrown into our faces 😐
We followed the road until we made it back to the main road that we had come in on, and then followed the four miles back to the car – cold wet hands took almost 15 minutes to come back to sense when we did get back and we had managed 20km of a 32km ride. The views prior to the whiteout were utterly outstanding and the bike shop / cafe were awesome – lovely home made cakes and hot food along with fresh ground coffee – we will deffo be heading back there asap – hopefully Lee will join us next time 🙂
Well, the weeks are just flying by and this weekend we enjoyed a lovely meal with Drew a Rusty Box to celbrate Ed’s Birthday during the week in Kirkby Grange Farm on Saturday night and we got to sample some of the delightful Box Curvee Gracie wine as well as share a lot of laughs.
Today, Elliot was out for the afternoon at Jack’s so mummy, daddy, Oliver and Hugo went for a little walk over at Anglers Country Reserve – very soggy and muddy 🙂 We finished the day off with a lovely Sunday lunch at the Sun Inn in Flockton and a family movie in front of the fire.
Yesterday we went into Leeds city to check out the John Lewis bedroom furniture – we decided to go with the Haddington in white – it will be really awesome when we finally get it into place in a few weeks hopefully 🙂
Finally, Lee helped Simon in getting the GSM unit connected to the front gates so we can now dial into the gates to open them up 👍
We wish you all a wonderfilled 2017 and hope your dreams coming true.