The sun was shining on Sunday and we all enjoyed a fantastic day out in the garden with family and great friends.
As you can see we had a large (30 ft tall) bouncy slide for the kids for the day. They had a ball with it, including kind of turning it later in the day in to a water slide with the kids going crazy with water bombs.
Once Olly’s friends had head home, the bigger kids had a go – only a couple of slides and disaster…
That’s right, Simon ended up with two broken toes – muppet.
Now he is in for resting it, hoping that it fixes quickly – it is strapped up and we are hoping that it doesn’t need a cast – that will make travelling to Sweden and Australia v tricky.
Fingers crossed it will resolve soon…
We wish you all a wonderful, healthy and fun 2018 – go out there and get it folks.
Have fun xx
Over the last two weeks we have had a gardener trim the bushes and trees in both the front and back gardens. The rain certainly spoilt play and hence a two day job ended up taking the better part of 6 days but generated a job lot of clippings. Simon tested out the use of Kirklees recycling center with the new trailer – no problems via the Dewsbury center although we have now used one of our twelve allowed uses of the facilities with a trailer.
This morning Greg came around with his trailer and we took 10 more bags (on top of the two taken to Kirklees) down to the Wakefield recycling center.
However, last night one of the neighbours stopped Simon outside the back gates and stated that if we left the bags of cuttings by his gates (just outside our own) he would arrange for his team to remove th m and burn them for us 🙂 Winner. So we placed a further 10 bags out there at lunchtime and per the conversation they were gone by tea time 🙂
So, Simon is now going to see if he can cancel the skip that he hired on Friday for delivery this coming Friday as we have approximately 6 bags of clippings left to get rid of and we know that we can do this via the recycle centres and the trailer – we just need some more bags 🙂
Finally this afternoon we head out for a dog walk and met up with Lee, Caroline and Jessica at the Sun Inn in Flockton – the sun was beating down on us so a few cheeky scoops later and we have sun burn and might have a headache in the morning :-/
Elliot has gone out rollerskating with Grandma and Grandad while Olly, mummy and daddy are toasting marshmallows over the fire…..
He has a huge bag full of gear to get muddy, wet and generally have a whole heap of fun. The kids were all excited yet nervous and Olly was no exception to this – he asked to sleep in mummy and daddy’s bed last night because he would miss us all on Monday night…
They are heading to a place in Sheffield so it is not so far, but a night away for the first time is a BIG deal for any child.
They are going to be coming back with loads of funny stories and will give themselves plenty to speak about for the next few months…
Have fun Olly XX
So the week has passed by super quick. 🙁 Back to school and work for all of us tomorrow.
We have got a few things done but still feel a little blue overall.
These are the success stories;
- Bedroom furniture has been ordered and the deposit paid – six to eight weeks and we should be a GO
- Helped Clare and Warren move into their new pad on Tuesday – not sure if we were help or hindrance but we helped nonetheless 🙂
- Trailer ordered and collected (yesterday) from a company in Kettering so we nipped in to see Kerrie on the way back – their house is coming along very nicely and will be simply awesome when it is complete.
- Tractor mower and smaller petrol mower ordered and paid for – delivery in roughly ten days to two weeks 🙂
- Chesterfield seat cushions taken to a guy in Tingley to make some ne cushions in a very nice tartan material plus some scatter cushions – great deal and will look to have them make us a bed and chaise longue for the bedroom – will be really nice looking at the other gear that guy has built – and V he an have all the sparkly bits 🙂
- Oliver out for day with Joe and Karis and Riley (Friday, Tuesday and Monday respectively
- Tonight Greg helped Simon figure out the shower leak – Simon had already opened up the small access hole from inside Elliot’s bedroom – the trick was switching the shower on and watching for a leak – it came rather quickly from the Grohe unit itself so once we figured that and got the unit out, deconstruction showed water staining where we believe the leak to be – Greg has taken a part away for a rubber a ring to hopefully fix it – failing this we will look for a replacement unit – at least we now KNOW that the problem is NOT the pipes underneath the shower itself as they would definitely be a BUGGER to put right…
- We have bought a fab fire pit to enable us to sit around in the summertime and roast marshmallows etc
- We have researched garden furniture and Costco seem to offer the best option – we just need to figure out if we think we need to spend almost £2k on four seats and a small table with burner built in (the seats at reclining spinning beasts so not overly expensive for the size etc
- Sorted the office – we now have a sorted office setup
- Sorted the home wifi – with Lee’s help we have bought new wireless access points and router that now give wifi all around the house- BIG thumbs up
So, I guess we have got through loads of things – it just feels like we have wasted a lot of time along the way…
Happy holidays 😀